So, you’ve started your daily workouts with Civitas Online – fantastic!
The first step of anything involving a change to your lifestyle is the hardest. So, whilst youre on a roll, lets keep going. We recommend you supporting your Civitas Online workouts by living a balanced style. A few key points we try to follow…
- We all have 24 hours in a day – make them all count. Whether you’re at home with your children or busy at work – be present in each moment and do the best you can do.
- Get outdoors if you can! 20 minutes in the open air gives your brain an energy boost comparable to one cup of coffee, as well as your daily dose of vitamin D. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for wellbeing, and sometimes neglected. Some of the many benefits include: assisting the absorption of calcium, helping to prevent osteoporosis, and reducing inflammation. The exposure to nature can also help us shrug off societal pressures, allowing us to remember and value important things to us.
- At Civitas Online, we try to promote positivity and we believe that can translate to your every day life. It might seem like a small thing, but start saying ‘i get to’, rather than ‘i have to’. For example: ‘I get to workout today!’ rather than ‘i have to workout today’’ – this will change your perspective on tasks and promotes the glass half full mantra.
- Try to cut down on processed food and snacks. We would recommend gradually cutting down on these things, rather than completely removing them, and we want these healthy changes to be sustainable – and believe me, even a little bit can make a big difference. Cutting down on processed sugars can Improve your digestion, as diets high in processed foods have been linked to a higher risk of digestive disorders.
- Drink more water. Simple right? We know – but it is also one of the most neglected basics in todays society. If you struggle getting enough in, buy a new bottle (preferably 2litres) and write time goals on them. Then you have an hourly target throughout the day and it doesnt seem so impossible.
- Recovery and rest days. Listen to your body – If you’re feeling completely wiped from a tough workout, don’t hesitate to give yourself rest. That being said, If you are just feeling a bit sore, we recommend some active recovery. This could be some easy cycling, swimming or simply getting out and taking the dog for a walk.
- Bedtime Routine. Another simple suggestion. The recommended sleep for an adult is around 8 hours – now we know daily life doesnt always accommodate for this, so get as much as you can and make sure when you go to bed, you are ready to sleep. Try to avoid looking at your phone, and just enjoy the moment of relaxing in bed.